- Steel mills and rolling mills
- Hot and cold slabs
A glance at the most important advantages
Decreased maintenance and servicing time
Easy installation, quick and uncomplicated adjustment
DIMET is a market leader in the field of manufactoring high-quality lifting equipment and systems. The company has more than 20 years of experience gained in collaborative work with national factories at the forefront of this industry sector. During the project planning phase we consider and determine the future lifting beam and spreader designs, as well as voltage distribution, electromagnetic fields, temperature fluctuations, we also provide speed analysis. All equipment and systems we produce comply with the European quality standards and this production is characterized, among others, by the following features:
- Provision of an optimal solution for the elimination of deflections and irregularities in the geometry of rolled metal products and workpieces based on the creation of multiple fastening points
- Reduction of personnel costs by eliminating the necessity of employing an additional slinger to handle the work
- Line safety improvement by minimizing the risk of load breakage due to the small contact area of the single magnets.
- Storage capacities capable of being used more efficiently due to the elimination of interruptions in the process flows between billet and bar stacks.
The DIMET magnetic spreaders for the gentle slab flipping have been developed in combination with the DIMET EMGM electromagnets to increase the efficiency and safety in the handling of slabs in the production lines of steel mills. This solution provides the means:
- To increase the speed of slab turning;
- To improve the safety of the slab handling process by eliminating the need for employing personnel in the area of hot slab turning
The spreader is provided with a non-interruptible power supply and a cable drum manufactured by our company. Changes on the design of the hanger are also possible in order to add other end attachments than the magnets.